Tuesday 20 January 2009

Self Evaluation 2

Attainment: 2

I don't think there has been any progress from the last time I wrote this in terms of attainment but it was already on a 2 so there wasn't much to improve on in my opinion. The work i have produced i feel hasn't got significantly better or worse it has just stayed the same standard throughout being honest.

Effort :2

I think the effort is actuality better than in the first term of the year because I now realise that their isn't much time left in the year to improve the level of my work but I still wouldn't say it was a 1 just yet because I think I will really become focused and work much harder than before when it is around march April time when the pressure increases.

Punctuality: 1

I believe that i have improved this aspect of the self evaluation more than otherwise as I don't come late anymore and hardly ever forget to bring things that I need to work in class i.e pen, books and notes. I have improved that from the beginning of term and thus my organisation has been improved as a result.

Submission and quality of my homework: 2

Its definitely better than beforehand as I have handed in pretty much every homework that both teachers I have set consistently and to a high standard in my opinion. I felt i was doing this to a good level at the start of the year and think it has improved as the year goes on as Ive started to write more broadly and more detailed as apposed to year 12 and the beginning of year 13.

Ability to work Independently: 1

Unlike at the beginning of the year i don't have to rely on anyone telling me what to do to complete my work nor do I depend on answers from other people in homework's in order to finish my work. In terms of my class mates I very rarely feel the need to ask them what for help in class discussions or group work but with the teacher I still regularly ask as the work we are doing is becoming harder to understand.

Quality of writing : 2

I think my writing has improved dramatically since the 1st term simply because of the expanded vocabulary I now have compared to the start of the year, I am able to to remember all the key quotes, theorists and words that potentially will make my essay sound better and write them down, this has improved not only the quality of my writing but also the flow of it as I often struggled to get some of my writing to make sense.

Organisation of media folder 1:

Since being asked to make a media folder I have put all of notes I have received in class into a folder and split it into sections of topics i have done over the year in both med 1 and med 2. Since making it I haven't altered it in any way so I would say everything is where it suppose to be so i would give it a 1 because I can look at it straight away and know where to find what I'm looking for to revise off.

Oral contribution in class 2:

I haven't been contributing as much in class as last time which is probably down to the emergence of other people speaking more often and me finding the work we are currently doing a bit harder to grasp. When i feel more comfortable about the work i tend to contribute more but this hasn't been the case as much as last year.

Standard of Med 1 blog : 1

My blog has been kept up to date with relevant information to help my independent study as well as completed homework. It has the expected amount of posts on it for around this time of year which is a reflection of how much work i have done in order to achieve a high grade in the independent study. It don't think it needs to be improved and it hasn't gotten worse since last time so i would keep it as a 1

Standard of Med 2 blog : 2

This is one of the big improvements from the first term which is probably due to my attitude change towards the 2 blogs. Before I admitted to being guilty of prioritising the two blogs as I spent much more time and effort making sure med 1 was of good standard but since then I have balanced the two and as a result my med 6 blog has a substantial amount of info on it to help me answer the med 6 assignment tasks.

WWW
- I have balanced the two blogs out to an equal level focusing on getting good grades in both rather than a good grade in one and an average in the other.
- Ive managed to write a promising essay plan that leaves me confident that i can get a good grade in the independent study itself.
- I haven't come late to either Mr bush or ms holidays class and have always attended when the revision classes.

EBI
- I put more effort in miss holidays class in an attempt to understand her work better
- I did extra work on my blog that isn't set as homework as it could turn out to be helpful when writing the essay
I had done more revision leading up to the med 1 and 2 retakes, i done it to a satisfactory level and could have done a lot more.

No comments: